Friday, December 17, 2010
One of those moments
It was 4:30 in the afternoon the weather was beautiful and Noah and Ellie and I were out in the backyard. Ellie was happily playing with some toys sitting in my lap. Noah was pulling up weeds and creating a "salad." It was the first time all day that both kids had been content. A car drove by with laughter and loudness and I thought to myself "that person probably has little responsibility." The I looked around my yard and quickly realized that I would have many years to attend the grocery store without kids having meltdowns. Some day the mundane tasks that should take 20 minutes won't take an hour. I needed to treasure this moment and bask in the simplicity and joy we were experiencing in our own fenced yard. Thank you for that tender mercy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
It goes by faster than you can imagine. You are right...savor the time you have with your little ones...some day those little ones will have little ones of their own.
Post a Comment