Sunday, September 11, 2011
1st talk
Noah gave his first talk in primary. Those who have ever had the blessing of meeting my son knows that he is not at all shy. For this reason we were shocked that when sacrament ended Noah began crying and saying he didn't want to give his talk. This conitnued for a good ten minutes. We went to primary and he wouldn't sit up front. We sat with his class and he continued to refuse to do it. I offered to read it if he would just hold the pictures but again refusal. At this point I was really frustrated. In walks dad to the rescue. The talk was on our bodies are temples and we were focusing on the word of wisdom. Zac stood up at the microphone and started talking about Noah's birthday. He then asked Noah to come up and tell what present he got for his birthday.....and he did! He walked up to the microphone and said "a truck." Zac then talked about the best gift ever given is our bodies. He asked Noah how he would treat his toys. He then explained we treat our bodies the same way. They held up the pictures of the good foods and Noah told what things were good for our bodies. He then held up the picture of bad foods and Noah told of things we don't put in our bodies. It was a very tender moment. Zac followed the promptings of the spirit of the direction to take and Noah found some courage deep inside. I am not sure who I was more proud of. It was a great moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
You have 2 great young men there...I am so proud of Zac for being in tune to the Spirit and so proud of Noah for doing such a good job! Talking in front of people is scary even for adults! Way to go Guys!
Post a Comment