Thursday, October 6, 2011

Smarty Pants


Noah is a little sponge soaking up everything. He will randomly just call out things he has learned that I had no idea he knew anything about. We were driving down the road and he points at the stop sign and says "look an octagon!"

We were playing on the porch and he tells me he learned about compound words. I asked what he knew about them and he said "Like spider....and man.....spider man....compound word!" We went over a few others but he also thought everything with 2 syllables was a compound word.

He is also picking up other not so positive things at school too. He got in the car and said "I hate stripes!" He was waiting for a reaction from me and I just kept it silent. He said it a few more times and then asked me if I knew what hate meant. He said "Hate means you really hate something." Brilliant.

His teacher pulled me aside one day and shared with me how smart she thinks he is. She said in circle time they were talking about silent e. He raised his hand and said the word we does not have a silent e but the word are does....not too shabby for a four year old.

We decorated our house for Halloween and Noah was sooo excited. He later told me Halloween was a very special day. I asked why it was special and he whispered in my ear "It's God's birthday." Um...nope, please don't repeat that!

They must be working on the number 100 in class because that is the number he always uses for everything. We were doing our annual "booing" where we deliver treats to friends. It was the first year Noah helped deliver and run and we explained he had to go super fast. His response was "100 hours per mile?" Yes! And that he did with his cute grin ear to ear.

1 comment:

Nathaly Blalock said...

So it was YOU!! ;) Right? If it was, thank you!!
He's such a cute little smarty!