Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Love Zac

like a lot.  Like more than I think most wives love their husbands.  And I love him simply because he loves me...and shows it.  He doesn't show love with flowers and gifts (which is not really my thing) but he helps me FEEL it.  Without much detail I am still an emotional roller coaster.  Not once has he been frustrated with me, told me to "get over it", or just avoided conversations that can result in emotional outbreaks.  He calls to check in on me not knowing which wife he will get to talk to.  He talks with me every night and comforts and consoles my heart.  He offers to read scriptures with me and pray with and for me. He tells me over and over how he doesn't really understand but that he realizes this is a very hard thing and he loves me and worries about me.  He is my rock.
  When we were engaged I had all these fears about what the future would hold.  I asked countless questions like "what if 10 years from now we don't have fun together...or you stop doing the dishes....or things are just different?" Well guess what...things are just different because that is what happens as we progress in life.  But I am learning that different is not always bad and that it is gradual.  Are we the same love struck twitter patted 23 year olds that we were 10 years ago? Nope. and that is ok.  We are in a different place now and it is as equally wonderful.  We are in a place where we have had challenges that have helped us to grow stronger and closer as a couple.  Challenges that may cause others to drift apart but have only helped us love more deeply.  Just as things have changed.....some things have stayed the same!  He proudly shares that yes, 10 years later he is still doing the dinner dishes without one request from me.:)
 Zac is one who acts upon personal revelation.  He often spends his time in the car listening to uplifting talks and firesides given by our church leaders.  He ponders and listens as the Spirit speaks to him of things he can do differently.  And the biggest part is that after receiving this revelation he acts on it.  He will feel like he needs to be more patient with the kids and I will see one weekend how he truly is mindful of that and changes his reactions .I will notice this before I even know he has felt inspired to do something different.   He will feel like he should be more goofy and fun with the kids and again without knowing he has had this thought I will see how he is suddenly more free and laughing easily and there is pure joy in our home. I love his commitment to God, our Savior and his family.  He is a balance of all things good.

I just love him.

No comments: