I feel like so many of my blog posts are just pictures with quick captions and really there is actual stuff going on to be recorded!
Let's start with this amazing baby. He is now 7 months old and so fun! We were reviewing Noah's measurements and at Anderson's 6 month appointment he was the same size as Noah at his 1 year. He rolls around everywhere to get where he wants. He can do the backward scootch pretty good and trys to get up on his hands an toes to rock in efforts to crawl. Every night when I lay him in his crib he takes his little hands and tucks them under his chest...super cute. He recently got into a very bad habit of waking up every 2 hours at night to nurse. It was torture. We finally had to cry it out for three nights and now he does amazing. It was so sad though. The first night he would cry for an hour and a half then sleep for 40 minutes over and over. terrible. By the third night though he was sleeping form 8 until 4:30 so that we can handle! He will go to anyone and is eager to share his smiles. He adds so much to our family and I can not imagine our home without him!
Ellie is little miss thing. She loves to sing her made up songs. She loves to try to make Anderson laugh. She is not interested in toys...at all. She likes to read books and play games and art activities. She is very content to stay at home as long as I provide her with entertainment:) She still loves to help me cook as well. We can not believe she will be going to vpk next year. I am so sad to think I only have a few more months at home with her every day until she will be gone 3 days a week:( She is often the peace maker in our home. If she has something and Noah gets upset about wanting it she will most often give it to him. She sacrifices a lot for the happiness of others. Ellie has become very selective about who she plays with. There are only a few girls that she seems to really mesh well with and the rest she kind of clashes. Funny how young that all starts. She also just loves to play with Noah and the boys...hope that is not her trend as she gets older! She and Noah have become pretty good friends for the most part. The other Saturday they both got up about 7 and spent the morning playing together and even getting their own breakfast. We finally came out about 8:30 and praised them for how nice they are being. Noah said "We decided it was mom and dad day and that you should spend more time together." Love me some mom and dad day! They continued to play together the entire day so happily. Amazing day.
Noah is quite the fun kid. He has transitioned to his new school so well and seamlessly. He gets a lot of attention for his not so neat handwriting and holding his pencil wrong. He just rushes through writing because he wants to be doing something else. He loves having a good friend right down the street and often wants to play with him. He has also learned a game we got for Christmas called Labrynth and he LOVES it. We play it at least once everyday...even Ellie loves it. She is really good at it too. He is going through a little fibbing phase where he tells silly pointless lies. Hope it ends soon, not quite sure how to handle it. He played soccer in the fall and is so fun to watch out on the field. I love going to his games and cheering him on.
Just to document one night of our lives: It was a week or 2 before Christmas. Zac was recovering from his gall bladder surgery and I had been dealing with the kids solo for a while. I had Noah in his bathtub and Ellie in hers. I told Noah to turn the water off in a minute and ran downstairs to our tub to bathe Anderson. The whole time I am bathing him I hear Noah's water still running. I quick finish Anderson then run upstairs. Yup, water overflowing the tub. Simultaneously Ellie is yelling at me to tell me she has pooped in the tub. Awesome. While I am cleaning all this up Noah goes into the garage for something and finds his Christmas gift, He is so excited and I am so sad. I got frustrated and was crying and then felt so bad because his happiness was squashed by my reaction. After a while we all recovered and I took a redo with Noah and enjoyed the moment even though it wasn't as I envisioned. It was just one of those days....real but also rewarding.
So, Our kids love to be around people. We have been moved into our new house and there was some adjustment phases. One morning we laughed because Zac and I were in our bed with Ellie between us. Anderson was in his swing in the master bathroom and Noah was asleep on the floor next to our bed. Yup five bedrooms in this house and we are all sleeping in the same room. Haha...gotta love it. Guess I won't worry about it too much until they are teenagers and doing it:)
Right after we moved to our new house Zac had a few gall bladder attacks and had it removed 3 week later. It was so sad to see him in such pain. They ended up keeping him overnight in the hospital with a drain in his side to make sure there was no infection to the liver. We were driving home from the hospital the night after and blew a tire. Luckily we were right next to a gas station. Poor Zac hobbled in and asked for some assistance changing. This manager girl came out and so kindly and effortlessly changed our tire. She then offered us drinks free of charge from the gas station. So nice but not a fun experience.
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment