Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fort Lauderdale temple


We had the amazing opportunity to take our family to visit the Ft. Lauderdale temple. After a temple is built there are a few days before it is dedicated that anyone may visit and tour the interior. After the dedication only those holding a temple recommend confirming they are keeping covenants to live Christ like lives are able to enter. This is a rare experience for our kids to go inside and feel the amazing spirit that is there. We have been preparing the kids and they were so excited for this event. In their prayers they would say how grateful and excited they were. Our day to go was Saturday April 19th. On Thursday Anderson was miserably sick and we took him to the doctor on Friday who confirmed he had a double ear infection. That night Ellie three up right before bed. We were very discouraged thinking this experience may not happen. Zac and I prayed together and individually that we would be able to do this. Zac gave Ellie a priesthood blessing as she slept. We agreed if she threw up again or got a fever we would stay home. The next morning she was in good spirits and we set out for the trip. Opposition is always around when great things are going to happen. It was a good 3 hour drive and the kids were pretty restless but as we saw the temple right on the interstate they squealed with excitement. We went inside a tent to watch a video of testimonies from some of our leaders and Noah snuggled into me and said he felt some shyness. We then broke into small groups to tour the building. As we entered some of these very special rooms of the temple I looked down at my sweet six year old son who was wiping tears from his eyes. We went into the beautiful bridal room where brides get dressed and prepare for their sealing. As I described what the room was to Ellie she walked over to the 3 paneled mirror and twirled around in her dress. After we exited the temple I asked Noah how he felt. He said "well I got kinda teary but they were hapy tears." I explained that it was the Holy Ghost confirming to him how special the temple is. I know that the temples are the most sacred place on this earth and within those walls bindning covenants are made that allow us to be families for all eternity. I am so grateful for temples and doe this sweet memory and experience with my kids.



No comments: