Monday, October 19, 2009

Thirty and thriving



I am officially thirty and feel quite good about it! I am happily married, have peace and guidance found in my faith, have a beautiful son, and a miraculous new child on the way, and live in a lovely home. I think I am ok with thirty because I am at such a good place in my life. I honestly still feel like I am 17 and know that I dress that way but what can you do? Anyone want to submit me for "What Not to Wear?" I had a fabulous birthday and got to celebrate it with my handsome hubby! We spent our very first over night date ever since having Noah ( 2 years and 3 months ago!) Our sweet friend Elizabeth has been living with us for about 6 weeks and offered to watch Noah for us. It was perfect because he is so use to her and got to stay in his own home. We started our weekend out with heading to Orlando and dropping our stuff off at the hotel (we went through Bookit.com and saved over $200, highly recommend.)



The hotel was in the Disney grounds so we jumped on the shuttle and headed to the Magic Kingdom. We had to take advantage of the get in free on your birthday offer they had going this year. The weather was tolerable, not yet cool but nice and there were no lines anywhere, thank goodness for fall birthdays.

I think the most exhilarating part of the trip was waling into the magic kingdom and seeing tons of kids and relishing that none of them were ours and we were not constantly chasing a little person everywhere! Total luxury!) We spent the day hoping on all the rides and completed all our to do's there by mid afternoon.

entrance

Dancing with mickey

Zac and Walt



Lemonade slushy that I've only ever had at Disney and Gator football games....perfect


I killed Zac;s score on the buzz ride

Zac got totally emotional at a 3d philharmagic movie of Disney clips...he's a cutie



We headed back to the hotel and got changed and went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill...mmmm. We then returned to the hotel and I think I honestly went to sleep at like 9:30. I have gotten so used to my daily nap while Noah is napping that I was beat. We slept in the next day until about 8:00 which totally is sleeping in for us and lounged in bed for a while....amazing! No calls out "Mommy, are you?" No diapers to change or clothes to wrestle on someone. Heaven. We then decided to do one of our favorite things...shop...leisurly. Yes ladies, I am blessed to have a husband who really and truly loves to shop. We went to IKEA and got a few things for the house and then decided to hit the outlets. It was so fun to stroll around hand in hand and not be rushed anywhere. We scored some good deals and then went back to the hotel for the nights events. We got ready (Zac sporting his new $10 J. Crew pants) and went to dinner at Mimis. We then went to downtown Disney and walked around there. They have some really cool stores and we quickly decided we had to bring Noah back to see the sites. There is a huge dinosaur store/restaurant that he would LOVE.


Also a Lego store that made us really claustrophobic because there were soooo many kids there. We then walked over to our main event for the night to see La Nouba, the performance by Cirque de Soleil.


It was really good with some amazing talent. I think the best were these 6 young Asian girls that were spinning canisters on strings (sounds not so amazing but it was.) Unfortunately the grand finale was a bust because the nets from the trapeze act didn't go up so they had to just end it. We scored 2 free return tickets out of it though so that was good. We then crashed that night finally around 12 and slept until 9! Yup, that's right I never sleep in like that even before having a kid so I was pretty beat. We came home to our Liz making us German pancakes and watching general conference with the fam. Thank you Elizabeth for taking such good care of our little Noah, he didn't miss us a bit. Thank you babe for making my big day so memorable and always showing me your love! You are the best! Does this mean we have to wait until 40 for another get away?.......no way.

3 comments:

Tom Brodrick said...

Just a couple of lucky Mormon kids. what a deal!!!

Destiny Trevino said...

It looks y'all had a blast! Getting away can be tough and even tougher when your gone! You are such a cute preggo. I can't wait to go to Disney one year with our little ones!!

Leslie said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on baby #2.