Our dear friend Elizabeth was visiting us. Noah and her have a special friendship. Noah was sitting behind us in church and explaining to a sister as he pointed "that's my mommy, that's my daddy and that's my Lizzie."
We had the missionaries over for dinner and they gave us some Mormon.org cards and explained that we should pass them out to people we know. A week later I was leaving to go to the doctor and Noah ran up to me with a card and told me I needed to give it to the doctor.
I have been having a lot of pain in my foot and I said something about it. Noah said he would say a prayer for my foot to feel better and promptly folded his arm and said the sweetest prayer.
When tucking him in to bed he asked me to sleep with him because he didn't want to have bad dreams. I told him to say a little prayer to have good dreams. I left the room and shut the door and I could hear him praying for good dreams. In the morning the first thing he said to me was that he prayed and didn't have any bad dreams.
Sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast Noah says " I think Ellie is my best friend." My heart melts and then he continues and says "and daddy and mommy are my best friends too." Yes people this very moment is why we have families.
I asked what he learned in Primary and he explained that they talked about the Holy Ghost. He told me how the Holy ghost helps us make god choices and if we make bad choices he can't be with us or in our homes. I asked how the Holy Ghost speaks to us and he replied. "He uses a whisper voices and says "Don't go in there!" (spoken very raspy and spookily.)
We were in a group of kids talking about what flowers need to grow. Kids shouted out water, sun. And then Noah yelled out "and Love!"
We were at a birthday party and they had cupcakes. I asked Noah to finish his fruits and veggies before having a cupcake. He was not happy about the request. He started heading back to his plate and someone stopped him and held a huge plate full of cupcakes in front of him and asked him to pick one. He said "I haven't finished my lunch yet." and walked away......you go boy.






1 comment:
Out of the mouth of babes!!! He is such a sweet heart...I love to read about my grandkids....makes my day!!!
Post a Comment