Thursday, June 9, 2011

The sayings continue

Noah's new phrase is "for the whole wide world." He however has yet to figure out the proper way to use it. He will say "You can have this for the whole wide world." Or " Can we keep this toy for the whole wide world?" and "I love treats for the whole wide world."

We were reading a book about what a boy was going to be when he grew up. I asked Noah what he wanted to be and he said "whatever Nikki is gonna be." (Nikki is a girl in his class.) I said well you can be whatever you want maybe a teacher or scientist and he yelled "NO, I am gonna ask Nikki what she is gonna be and I will be that too!" Way to be a follower!

Noah had a friend over and she dropped a toy of his and it broke. He came and told me "It wasn't an accident, she did it for rude."

On the way out the door for school Noah exclaimed "The missionaries told us to give this to someone so I will take it to Ms. Nancy!" (It was a mormon.org card....he goes to a Methodist school)

So my son still hangs out in the bathroom with me.. I know, weird. He just hates to be alone. I was getting ready to take a shower and told him he would have to start staying in the other room. I tried to explain privacy and modesty in 3 year old terms. After a few minutes of playing in the bathroom he exclaimed "OK, mom I'm gonna go and let your body be alone!"

Driving to school I asked if he wanted me to walk him in or a teacher (drive by drop off) He always chooses a teacher because that is what his friend Ellie does. He first said teacher and then said "actually, I want you to because you are my best friend in the world." We walked in to class that day.

He was telling me that boys are dudes. I asked if boys are dudes what are girls? His reply was "grandmas." Tough break huh?

He adds an ed onto everything. Our favorite is when he passes gas he says "I just gassded" Try and say it, kinda funny.

Preface: I dress very conservatively.
We were having dinner at our outdoor mall and a woman dressed very not conservative was walking arm and arm with a guys in a wife beater. Noah pointed and said...look mommy she looks like you! I guess she did have curly hair.

Same night he saw a couple kissing and exclaimed "Look, they're getting married!" You keep thinking that little one!

Driving home from church Noah said "mom I wish I was a wood pecker. Do you wish I was a wood pecker?" I said no because I couldn't cuddle a wood pecker. He paused and said "maybe I'll just be Noah."

Me currently sitting on a chair in the living room: "Noah eat your Popsicle at the table."
Noah moving the chair across the tile : "I want to sit here so I can see your pretty face."

Noah was helping us take all the trash out for garbage day. He got the metal mesh trash can from the office that holds paper and carried it through the kitchen. Zac said "oh wait something is leaking in it." Ummm ya, I vaguely remember noah mentioning in passing he had peed in a trash can....didn't think he really had. He had.

Noah has learned the beauty of the phrase "you're the best mommy in the whole world." He uses it quite regularly now. I totally fall for it every time!

1 comment:

Nathaly Blalock said...

I really laughed outloud at most of these. So funny. Your commentary made it even better. Seems like Noah and Diego have one more thing in common: knowing when to suck up to mommy, haha!