Friday, July 5, 2013

What they say

We asked Noah what he wanted to be when he grew up......he responded "a dad that gases."

Noah held up our church hymn book and said "This is a he book!"

We have been working on memorizing the articles of faith.  Part of the 10th article of faith says "the earth will be renewed and receive paradisaical glory."  Noah said "The earth will be renewed and receive electricity."

Ellie's foot was attacked by some fire ants.  She was pretty upset and after she calmed down she said "Those ants were grumpy!"

I was explaining to the kids that the baby could hear everything we say even though he is in my belly.  Noah got real close and said "You're gonna be a Brodrick and our family is the best!"

Ellie spent one day this summer singing over and over in a very loud voice "I want to be like Jesus.....I want to be like Jesus!" (the way she was saying it was what made it cute and funny but hard to document that cuteness in words)

We are doing a punch card system where when the kids doing something really nice or helpful they get a punch to accumulate money to purchase from my "store." Ellie was mad at Noah and yelled "YOU NOT NICE...YOU NO GET PUNCH!"

Noah was asking me about jobs and I explained that I used to work before I decided to have kids and be home with them.  I told him it was the best job I could ever have.  He asked if I use to get paid money and I said yes but now I don't get paid.  He replied "yes you do, with love"

On Anderson's first day home Ellie was watching daddy change his diaper.  She observed for a minute and then pointing at his private parts said "Hey!...Noah has one of those!"

I was asking Ellie which name she liked for baby brother either Mason or Anderson.  She said Anderson and I said we could call him Anders or Andy.  She started giggling and said "like andywear (underwear)...clever one to think of his first terrible nickname.

Zac called the kids to tell them Anderson had arrived.  Noah was so excited over the phone and asked what he looked like.  His very next question was "How is mommy doing?" So sweet and tender, warmed my heart.

daddy said "Ellie, I have a secret"...Ellie all exasperated let out a sigh and said "Daaaaaaad...I already know....You love me!"  guess daddy needs some more secrets.

No comments: