Noah and Zac went on the annual father son camp out. Ellie was pretty upset about it even though we went and had a tea party at her friends house. That night I was putting Anderson to bed and came to our room afterwards. Ellie was standing in front of a picture of me and Zac with her little finger in her mouth crying. I asked what was wrong and she turned to me crying and said "I miss daddy!"
The other day something happened and Noah said "Dang grief!" I questioned him about his choice of words and he said "what....daddy says it." I have never heard Zac say that and asked if he knew what Noah meant and he had no idea. A few days later Zac dropped something and said "Gall Darn!"....Yup figured it out.
My niece was telling us about girls camp. She said "a girl got so mad she stomped out of the room punching me in the process!" Noah leaned into me and whispered "Is the process the nuts?"
We were teaching the kids the game 2 truths and a lie. It was Ellie's turn and she said "I'm on vacation, I went to the beach and I don't have any hair." It was cute. and funny.
Zac and I went on a date and were paying the babysitter. Noah ran upstairs, got a dollar from his bank and gave it to her also. He said she did a good job.:)
We saw something on the tv with a baby and a family. I asked the kids if they would want another baby and they both quickly said yes. I asked why and Noah said "so Anderson will have someone to play with." I said he has you guys to play with. Then Noah said "So that we won't have to fight over Anderson." These kids love their baby brother!
Ellie is our tender hearted little person who adores her big brother. We always listen to books on cd in the car when driving around and the kids love it and always beg for it right when we get in the car. After we took Noah to school on the first day right when we got into the car Ellie said " Don't turn on the cd, I want Noah to hear it." She then went to her preschool and after I picked her up we ran to a local donut place for a fun first day of school snack. We were getting a dozen of them and Ellie went to one and said we have to get this one for Noah he loves it. She then didn't pick any other ones out. Fast forward a week later. Noah had left for school and Ellie was finishing up getting ready for her school and coming down the stairs she said " I miss Noah....I love his face....I love his smile."
We went to trunk or treat and came home kind of late. We sat the family down in the family room and were just going to say family prayer and put them to bed. After we all sat down little Anderson went over to the basket and got everyone's books of Mormons out and passed them out one at a time to each person in the family.....so we had scripture study too. Such a cutie.
I was talking to Noah about his class in Church and want they learned. Hey talked about talents. I asked what his talents were and he showed me his tongue twist. I asked what he grouchy daddy's talent was and he said baking;) I asked what Ellie's talent was and he said sharing. I asked what he thought my talent was and he said taking care if us. I said "Awwww do I do and ok job?" And he replied "no..... You do an astonishing job!" Then Ellie pipes in " mommy your job is being special!" How awesome r my kids.
Reading scriptures with the kids and it talked about casting lots. I asked Noah if he knew what that meant and he said no. As I paused thinking of a good explanation he said " oh kind of like paper rock scissors!" Yup pretty much.
We are listening to a book on cd and it is talking about adoption. I told Noah I was adopted and he seemed shocked. He asked lots of questions like if I was in an orphan store. And if I knew my real name. He said it was sad I didn't know my substitute mom:) I was really surprised how intrigued he was by it all.






No comments:
Post a Comment