Monday, August 9, 2010

Pre-school

Noah has been begging to go to school for months now. He was so excited and once he turned three that is all he's talked about. Zac and I decided to put him in a program at Suntree United Methodist, an amazing pre-school close to our home. He will go Monday Wednesday and Friday from 9-12. My sister's kids went to this school and we have attended many functions there. I love that it is reinforcing the things taught at home and the values of faith and God. Zac and I spent all weekend just looking at each other and tearing up....knowing our little boy was starting school. It's so funny because we are paying and opting for him to go but we were still so emotional. His teacher's name is Ms. Nancy and he fondly calls her fancy Nancy. She has been working there for 12 years and has had the same assistant for 8 years. They cap the students at 12 per class.Zac took the morning to come and take him to his first day with me.The drop off went smoothly and when I picked him up I asked how his day was. His reply was "it was a pretty good day." I then asked a few questions and found out that he rode bikes on the playground, did the bean bag rock, read stories and felt objects in the mystery box. I asked if he wanted to go back and he said "sure." What did I do with my 2.5 hours? Raced home, put Ellie down for a nap, cleaned the kitchen, threw in laundry, made a grocery list and went grocery shopping and then arrived 20 minutes early to pick him up. Here are a plethora of photos documenting this milestone.

Not even looking back

Our big boy

Testing out the hops on his new school shoes









Ellie taking all the chaos in.

He headed straight for the toys after washing his hands of course

2 comments:

Gramme said...

Wow....Tell Noah that Papa and I are so excited that he gets to go to school. He looks so big in the pictures. I know he will learn a lot of fun things. This is only the beginning of emotional starts...hang on it's a great ride! We love you all

Tami said...

How cool! what a big boy he is turning into!!
Girl, you cut your hair and it is so dang cute, I love it!!!!!!!