Monday, September 3, 2012

sayings

When Ellie prays she instead of saying amen at the end she says "nigh nigh" (night night)

Ever since we started looking at model homes a year ago Noah has become obsessed with living in a house with stairs.  He will randomly mention how he wants stairs. We returned home from our family vacation and had been home about 2 minutes.  Noah came up to me and said "Mama, I don't care about stairs anymore, I like our home no matter how it is."  Warmed my heart that he felt that good to be home feeling.

Noah said "I was looking out the window for Jesus.  He wasn't there but he is in my heart."

We were on a family bike ride and there were some large sand hill cranes on the sidewalk.  Noah told us to go by slowly so we don't scare Samuel Crane.

Instead of saying "nope" Ellie says "note." It is always high pitched with a lot of emphasis on the "t"...super cute.

I ask Ellie if she is my princess and she always says "NO! I Ellie!"

I was apologizing to Noah about not being myself lately and always seeming sad.  I said I was going to try to be normal again.  He said "Aren't you forgetting something?" and I said "A hug?" He nodded, gave me a hug and then said "there you are, normal again!"

Noah has been pretty sweet and always wants to show Ellie animals he finds because he knows she loves them

Part of my anxiety attacks have involved me throwing up.  Unfortunately Noah witnessed this one morning.  That night at dinner prayer he asked in his prayer that mommy would feel better and stop spitting up.  When I woke him up the next day for school the first thing he asked me was how I was feeling. He then said he just wanted to make sure I had a good sleep.....such a sweet boy.

Noah kept telling me there was a kid in his class from chicken....or ham.  I finally figured out he meant Turkey!

For the past 3 weeks Ellie insists that she sleep with her overhead light on for nap time and night....totally strange but she totally falls asleep...whatever works!

1 comment:

Randy and Chrissy Kannas said...

Those are the cutest things ever. So sweet. I love you guys. Hope we see you soon.