Thursday, June 27, 2013

Introducing.......

Anderson Scott Brodrick.  Born June 23 at 11:33 pm (11 days before his due date and on the day of the Capricorn full moon) I had been having contractions for a week and a half and was more miserable and uncomfortable then I have ever been at the tale end of a pregnancy..We went into the hospital that morning thinking my water had broken but was sent home at 3 cm dilated and 75%effaced. After lounging around the house my water really did break at 3:45pm.  We dropped the kids off and were at the hospital by 4:15.  It was pretty funny because my appearance clearly indicated that my water had broken multiple times.  The on call dr. asked a nurse if she thought it was for real this time and she said she could roll the security footage to reassure him. I was at a 5 when we checked in and had my epidural by 7pm.  I stayed at a 7 for a while and then they started pitosin and went quickly to a 9. Like with Ellie the pitosin caused his heart rate to drop and they took me off it and I went back to a 7...umm one is not supposed to go backwards in labor!  At 11 I was ready to push and 30 minutes later he was here!  He has such little hair compared to Noah and Ellie and it is so light and blond.  Every nurse who saw him mentioned how much he looked like Zac....really twins.  He is super cute and so far pretty mellow.  The kids are so excited and love him so much.





Nana and baby

 


 Didn't like his first bath so much



 ready to leave the quiet of the hospital to our house of crazy...I warned him his world was about to get very loud!
 Love my new little son

 The kids saw us in the window walking up and we heard them shouting "Baby brother baby brother!"




 They ask to hold him all the time.  Ellie always makes this sly little face.

 Are we seriously a family of five?!





 Uncle Gary and Anderson
 Noah just keeps saying "He's just so cute!"





We were actually really torn with what to name him.  We liked Owen a lot but in the end decided it sounded too much like Noah.  So then it was down to Mason or Anderson.  With the passing of my dad I thought it would be a great tribute to him to name him Mason but we had also really loved Anderson all along.  In the end we gave the kids the deciding vote and they went with Anderson.....hoping it fits him as we have all still been calling him baby brother for the past 5 days!

No doubt he is loved by this whole family.  Welcome home baby Brodrick!