Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Brodricks banter

Ellie is working on her letter sounds (poor thing has been so neglected!) She doesn't quite get the concept though.  We will be working on the letter D and I will say ddddddinosaur, dddddirt,dddduck.  She will say ddddzipper.....hmm, not quite.

Speaking of letters, Ellie has a few that she can't pronounce. F is one of those letters.  As she sat on her brothers heads and loudly yelled "sart sart sart sart!" I felt grateful to be the only one that really knew what she was saying.

We took the kids bowling and explained to the children the importance of having a "bowling name" to use.  Noah thought for a minute and came up with "Bowling constrictor"....pretty awesome.

Ellie was saying her prayer over breakfast.  She blessed that daddy wouldn't kill our fish rojo ralphie.  That same day I glanced over at the bowl and sure enough we had a dead fish.  Creepy premonition.

We were eating at the dinner table and Noah in a very exasperated voice said "Mooooooom, I need to be hydrated!" His way of telling me I forgot to get him a drink. 

Noah was playing video games with a friend and he said 'Holy crap!" I looked at him and sternly said we don't say that.  His response was "what? I said holy!"- Well ok, as long as it is holy and not the original guess it's ok.

Ellie-"Is today today?" me:"yes today is today" E: "Noooo...is today today? me: today is Wednesday. E: "oh, ok. I'll eat a banana. I like bananas on Wednesdays."

Ellie and I were coloring a picture of an otter.  Ellie said "This is my favorite animal, can we get one for a pet?" I said "Well, they need water to live in, where would he live?" She said "hmmm...maybe the street....oh wait he would get squashed.  Maybe I will just get a cat."

Noah was eating an apple on the couch and said "I am going to go get a paper towel. You know why? Because I want to set my apple down ad I don't want it to go on bum."

Ellie and Noah were sitting in sacrament at church playing paper rock scissors (I know super reverent but they were entertained) The games escalated beyond paper and scissors to volcanoes.  Next I heard Ellie say "God" and Noah said "Jesus" and then Noah said "we tied!"

We were explaining to Noah that he was going o go to a new school where a bunch of his friends from church go.  He got super excited and was squealy and happy.  He then farted and said "my bum got really excited!"

Anderson had his first cold (so sad.) One morning Noah was right in his face giving him loves (as he often does) and Zac cautioned Oh ya, I don't want that!.....actually, I wish I could take it for him so he could feel better."...melt.

Driving in the car Noah said "I love Christmas time because we get to go to daddy's work place. Do you know what I love best about that party? Just spending time together.  Not the presents or activities, just being together."- Love this kid.

No comments: