Thursday, November 21, 2013

changes

After our 2 year struggle of trying to buy a new home we finally did.  It is a crazy story but before I tell all that happened I want to say good bye to our first home.  When we bought this house it was our "starter" house.  It was empty and I was worried it wouldn't feel homey.  We went right to work and with a lot of paint, curtains, family pictures it felt homey.  We celebrated birthdays, Christmas, hosted football parties and brought two of our kids home from the hospital to this house.  All these memories we made made this our home.  I loved it for many reasons.  We are now renting it to a family with three kids of their own.  I hope they have good memories in it as well.


My best memories of our front yard are of visiting with our amazing neighbors across the street.  Don and Janet are an older retired couple that adored our kids and always gave them fruit roll ups.  They were so friendly and easy to visit with.  Kathy and her daughter Stephanie also lived across the street and always chatted with us and treasured our kids as well.  We will never have neighbors like them again.
We had many a Sunday family dinner in this dining room.

 
Once Ellie's room and then Anderson's I have rocked my babies many nights in this quaint little room.
Our girlie girls room.
Noah's room....many a time out sent in there:)
 

Our kitchen and nook.  Noah and Ellie ran circles around and around and around.

Nights cuddled with Zac eating the good ice cream after the kids have gone to bed.




 
An the play room.....lots of fun playing games, race cars, and kitchen.  I loved standing in my kitchen and hearing sweet kids playing close by.
It really was a beautiful home and in all honestly even now as we are settled into our new house I miss this one.  We have some memories to make before it becomes our home.

No comments: