Thursday, January 15, 2009
So you had a bad day
Today was one of those days that you sit back and think...wow is it really one of those days? And it's only 2:00 in the afternoon. Today Noah is officially 1.5! Woohoo! The morning started off as usual except that Zac got Noah up and I slept an extra 10 minutes....not a bad way to start the morning. Then came breakfast. I gave Noah some yogurt which as usual he insisted on feeding to himself. He also decided a spoon was too much work and opted for sticking his hands in the container and licking it off. That's fun until he decides to run his hands through his hair. So, by 7:45 this morning Noah was in the bathtub. He loves bathing and the only hard part is actually getting him out o the tub but he took care of that himself after 30 minutes when he stood up and slipped. It startled him and he wanted to be comforted but when I tried to hold him in the towel he was freaking out. He wanted me to hold him just naked so that he was assured he could get back in the tub. We had places to go so that wasn't an option, so out he came throwing fits. We then head to the store and he gets a little fidgety in the cart. We head to playgroup at the park, only to unload all the kids, get them in their swings and then have construction guys say they're closing the park for some work they need to do. It was cold day actually so we all head to the library. Noah is the only one in our group running through the aisles pulling books of the shelves and chucking them at other children. So not OK. After an hour of this we head home. As I enter the door the stupid alarm system we have (that is not even set up because we don't want to pay a monthly fee)is making this annoying beeping sound. It has done this before and we were instructed on how to shut it off. I did as instructed and the alarm goes off. I run to the breaker and shut it off. Well, our built in generator which will be great in case of a hurricane kicks in and sets the alarm off again. Noah is on the porch playing and I run outside to do the breaker again. I have this good and habit of always locking doors before I shut them to keep Noah out of certain rooms and by habit I did this with the garage door. So here I am with this ridiculous loud alarm going off, my son locked inside and screaming and me frantic as to what to do. I am in tears but luckily realize that Noah has created a nice big tear in our screen porch and being the petite person I am I was able to wedge my way in. At this point a kind neighbor comes over and I am a mess of tears and she must think I am loony but it was kind of her to check on us. Then my knight in shining armor arrives (My dear husband Zac who got to listen to me cry and be short and rude to him on the phone.) He comes in and is able to quickly dismantle the blasted alarm and enjoy some lunch with us! My hero! So, in a nutshell not the greatest of days but busy and eventful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I'm sorry for you bad day! As it turns out, Zac and Charles were supposed to have lunch together today, but Charles had to cancel. So, I guess at least that freed Zac to be your Knight in Shining Armor!
I hope you get to relax a little tonight. Tomorrow will be better. :-)
That is a crappy day. I hate days like that. I started feeling anxious just reading about it.
But, yeah!!! Noah is 18 months. He can go to nursery now. Will he? I already know Addi's going to have a hard time going.
We can't wait for you visit. Is the wedding still on? Send us the details of when you'll be here and when you'll be staying with us so I can put it on our calendar. Clark has to go to California for a day right around that time, but I'm not sure which day. Anyway, let us know.
Post a Comment