It is that time of Thanksgiving again which always brings us to reflect on those things we should really be recognizing all year long. We have a long standing tradition in our family to create a list of things we are grateful for. We usually do it the Monday night before Thanksgiving but we had plans so we made our list last night. At the top of the list it reads "from the ceiling to the floor this is what we're grateful for." We then go around the room and list things until the copy paper that is linked together touches the floor. It has always been fun to see how small and great the things are. Also how depending on what you are going through at that phase of life the things can be very different. It was really fun this year because Noah played and added wonderful thoughts. We just kept asking him what he loved and the first thing he said was Jesus....melt my heart. The second time we asked he said gramme. He named several other people and then we got things like the letter G, buckets, cookies, and Texas. We truly are so blessed and I am grateful every day to have the beautiful family I have and the truthfulness of the restored gospel. I hope your Thanksgiving day is wonderful!
Monday, November 23, 2009
GRATEFUL
It is that time of Thanksgiving again which always brings us to reflect on those things we should really be recognizing all year long. We have a long standing tradition in our family to create a list of things we are grateful for. We usually do it the Monday night before Thanksgiving but we had plans so we made our list last night. At the top of the list it reads "from the ceiling to the floor this is what we're grateful for." We then go around the room and list things until the copy paper that is linked together touches the floor. It has always been fun to see how small and great the things are. Also how depending on what you are going through at that phase of life the things can be very different. It was really fun this year because Noah played and added wonderful thoughts. We just kept asking him what he loved and the first thing he said was Jesus....melt my heart. The second time we asked he said gramme. He named several other people and then we got things like the letter G, buckets, cookies, and Texas. We truly are so blessed and I am grateful every day to have the beautiful family I have and the truthfulness of the restored gospel. I hope your Thanksgiving day is wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
ha ha this is so funny because we did the exact same thing last night. I remember doing it when we lived at sparks and I thought it would be a fun tradition. My girls loved it. SO thanks for the fun idea. I will be posting our list soon too.
This is wonderful! :) Can I steal your idea for our family? I think this will be a great eye opener for us and show us to be thankful for ALL things.
GREAT for Noah for being grateful for Texas ... what a blessing!! ... and cookies are wonderful!
Such a cute kid! I love this idea and I'd forgotten that you do this for Thanksgiving. We really need to try this, thanks for sharing again Vanessa. And HUGE congrats on your bun in the oven. Oh what I would do with a little girl...sigh.
Post a Comment