Noah has just now gotten into games. As a result he has become a regular with Candyland. Did you know that sometimes you have to go through the entire deck of cards twice for the game to end?!It is really fun to play with him though and I am enjoying the variation from talking cars. Any other games ideas that a 3 year old can enjoy and not get frustrated with?
Also, side note, Noah has his first "I want" obsession. Never has he had a thing he keeps asking for...ever. Until now. What is this great request you may wonder. A piggy bank. Yep, that warrants a melt down in the middle of target. We have moved beyond the meltdowns but any store we are in he will spy a piggy bank. Did you know that even old navy sells them? Hot commodity I guess.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
So should Gramme show up with a Piggy bank when I come out there?
Aerie always sees the piggy banks in Target, and asks for one over and over. I try to avoid them, but the keep showing up everywhere!
We have a Sounds bingo game that the kids love. It's simple to play and definitely easy enough for a three year old.
Caleb totally had his first meltdown for a toy recently too. It was an egg with a music box inside from Salvation Army, I let him hold it while we shopped for buttons for our halloween costumes. I've never seen him act like that or want something so badly before or since. I totally gave in, drove back and got it. But a long indepth conversation immediately followed about how to ask and act when we want something and how just because we do those things correctly doesn't mean we get it!
Caleb is also really into games. We played a Halloween cranium game (a pumpkin seek and find variety - like where's waldo from target after halloween last yr) last week that he LOVES. We also play a Pizza making game about listening by Noodleboro /playschool (I found it on clearance last year). He would play it everyday if we let him! He likes the Gone fishing game and Hungry Hungry hippos.
We haven't tried candyland, but I should.
Some other ideas that I haven't tried but thought would be perfect are "blink" (color, number and shape matching) and Hi-ho-cherry-o. I also just bought barrel of monkeys that I plan to save for Christmas.
I LOVE board games and I'm so excited to finally have a buddy to play them with. Caleb definately shares my passion for games. :)
Post a Comment