Monday, October 4, 2010
One Year Older
I am now thirty something. I had a wonderful birthday spent with my family and watching general conference. Friday afternoon my good friends Jennifer and Elizabeth invited me to have lunch with them at Elizabeth's house. She made some great sandwiches and we had fun visiting while the kids played. Jennifer also brought me some pretty fall flowers. Date night didn't come together so Friday evening we took the kids to a gourmet pizza restaurant to celebrate and besides Ellie needing me to hold her the whole time the kids did pretty well! Since Zac was going to be attending the priesthood session of conference on my birthday evening, my sister and mom came over and we had banana splits and visited. My sister gave me some kitchen towels she made and some money to go toward my tortilla press fund (on my current wish list....so yummy!) My mom gave me a beautiful silver necklace for my pendants. My in-laws also sent me a card and money (again for the tortilla press.) I am so grateful that so many thought of me. Zac and Noah presented me with quite the gifts. Not only did I receive a shark steam mop (which I am ultra excited about) but they also got me a plane ticket to go and see my dear sweet friend Shantel. Shantel was one of my college roommates. We were randomly in the same apartment and didn't know each other until living together. She is now one of my very closest friends. I have not seen her in 4 years and in that time she has gotten married and had 2 kids! They are currently in Mississippi while her husband is in law school and are headed back to Nevada in December. I am so excited to see her and meet her family. She is one of those people you can pick right up with and enjoy every second. I am also glad she is close so the flight is shorter:) It will be Ellie's first and I am going solo so hopefully all is well. I am so blessed to have such a thoughtful husband who wants me to have a little get away retreat. Thanks babe for making 31 special!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Happy Birthday girl! I can't WAIT to see you! Love, love, love YOU!!!
Post a Comment