Wednesday, October 6, 2010

from the mouths of babes

Mommy-"Is ellie the princess of the castle?
Noah "yes and I am the king."
M-"Who can daddy be?"
N-"mmmmmm...daddy is santa."

Noah-"Daddy, you're a good eater."

I was on the phone with my sister discussing a problem she was having with some dinner plans. When I got off Noah asked what was wrong with Aunt Lis. I explained she was having some trouble with a big dinner she was planning and he said "we have to go over there and help her right now!"

Bradley (Noahs cousin) let Noah keep a football and we were talking about how nice that was and Noah said "Yeah, he is a nice Grover."

I brought Ellie out in her baby legs (little leg warmers, super cute) and Noah said "I wish I could wear those."


I had just finished doing laundry and asked Noah to take his clothes and put them away. He replied "No, that's ok, you can do it, you're a really great cleaner upper."

I was making a deal with him that he could have some cereal after he ate three carrots. He agreed and then said "your killin me mom."

Zac and Noah were out and z witnessed a car accident. He gave his report to the police officer and the officer asked him his name. Zac gave it and the officer wrote it down. Noah chimed in "put Noah Brodrick too!"

After a tantrum about something and me not budging Noah approached me a few minutes later and said "Mom, can we be friends?"

Every night before dinner he asks if we are having family home evening....he LOVES it (so do we!)

I asked him if he needed to go potty and he said "yeah.....do you want to watch me?" To which I replied "No, I think you can do it." His response "But I'll be so lonely."

A little info about Noah these days:

He has become a regular in the night terror department. He doesn't sit straight up in bed screaming but he is laying with his hands in front of his chest shaking. Eyes wide open and crying really hard. Very very sad.

We had family home evening while he wore his pirate costume....cutest thing ever. I kept trying to take his picture and he would say "cheese..argggg" so his mouth looked funny in all of them.

He is catching on to the don't eat dinner don't get dessert idea. If he doesn't want dinner he'll just say "I'm not going to eat dinner and not going to have milk or treats ok mom?"

He loves loves loves school and asks to go every day. I am glad he is so happy there.

No comments: