Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Expensive lesson from the Holy Ghost
So, we backed out of our house. We had been back and forth all along and just continued forward hoping to get rid of our uneasiness. Finally it was just all too much and too overwhelming. We were stressed about making it look nice, having stairs, future purchases (baby, van...etc.)markets crashing, dealing with our current home. It was just too exhausting and draining. I guess we should have known and backed out 3 days earlier since we lost half of our deposit. I now don't feel the anxiety but do feel sad and frustrated. I don't know why it wasn't right and I am pretty confident we will never again be able to afford a house with as much square footage, upgrades and a pool we could walk to. But maybe that is not the plan. I am sure as we continue forward we will someday recognize why it was not settling well. It may just be that it is not a need right now and when we do feel that need it will be much easier. I am most sad about the pool and the general area/location. Oh well, lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. I like to remember what Joseph B. Wirthlin said in the October 2008 conference, about how the Lord always compensates us for our losses. Sometimes I have to exercise a lot of faith in that principle, but I do believe it's true. Take comfort in knowing that you did the right thing.
You will find out soon enough why the house wasn't right for you. We put an offer on a home we really liked and it didn't work out, and we were upset... until the perfect house for us popped up about a month later, for an even better price in an even better neighborhood.
Post a Comment