Wednesday, June 13, 2012

From little one's mouths

We were talking about missions and how Noah would go on one when he was older. He asked how long he would be gone and we explained 2 years. He got really quiet and said "I will miss you so much."

We were doing the gator chant and Noah remembered a pen that sang it and was given to us by my dad. He said "remember that guy....wait, I can't remember... he's Nana's and he is really old. "Grandpa?" I asked "oh ya, him."

There was a fire truck going down the street and Noah exclaimed "there's an emergency, the donut bakers can't make any donuts."

We are working on memorizing the articles of faith. In the second one it says "and not for Adam's transgression." Noah kept forgetting the last 2 words so we said "like uncle Adam." The next day Noah was reciting it and said "not for uncle's transgression"

On that note after Noah recites it Ellie insists on doing it too.....but she blinks it....like Morris code....hilarious.

We had some very dear friends that recently lost a baby.  I was praying with Noah over his breakfast and asked to bless the family.  After the prayer Noah asked what was wrong and I explained the sad situation to him.  He looked at me and said "I don't want my cereal anymore." When I asked why he replied "I want to fast for that baby."

Noah has a developed his signature dance move......the bum flex.  He turns his back to his audience (mom and dad) and with everything else still he flexes his bum......hilarious.

I was putting gas in the car and talking with Ellie.  I said "Ellie can you say gas?" She said "gas" (in this very cute high pitched voice.) "can you say car?" She says "car." "Can you say ooga booga?" ...."Nooooooo" I cracked up so now we have this conversation all the time and she repeats it the same.

Noah's teacher told us that after the pledge of allegiance he said "I have a question, why does the pledge of allegiance talk about witches?"  She had to explain the difference of "witch and which" Kind of explains why Noah was telling me the other day about the witches we don't talk about at school and the ones we do.

Ellie decided to potty train herself (more on that later) and she sits on the toilet and yells repeatedly "Piacy Noah Piacy!" -if you don't speak toddler that means privacy.

With this potty training she gets a skittle after going.  Every time she says "pee pee potty...treat?  Noah?"  She is most excited to share a treat with Noah....it's pretty sweet.

Zac had a night or two where he worked late and didn't make it home for dinner.  The next night I told the kids it was time for dinner and Ellie looked at me and said "Daddy eat?" I explained that he had to work and she burst into tears repeating "daddy eat...daddy eat."

Elle is going to be the one to keep our family united.  Every morning she says "where daddy go?" and she always needs a report about where members of our family are.  One day she kept bringing over different blueberries and naming them people in our family.  One was daddy, mommy, Noah and Ellie. This is the same conversation we have with multiple animals in a book.

No comments: