Monday, April 21, 2008
Gall Stones Woes Part 2
Gall bladder surgeries are evidently the second most routine surgery to be done. It is an in and out procedure with rapid recovery. Last Friday I went in for my surgery and all went well, even got in earlier at the hospital and was out and home within 4 hours! The next 2 days I was sore and nauseated from the anesthesia but hopeful to have this all behind me. Monday afternoon I began to have back pains just like I was having another gall bladder attack...but wait you say, gall bladder isn't there..can't be! Anyway, after 6 days of constant agonizing pain, 5 phone calls to the doctor, one doctor visit, 2 trips to the emergency room, 2 Ivs, 4 different blood draws, 1 Cat scan and 1 MRI I am now writing this post from a hospital bed. It's funny because I am already the rare candidate for this procedure (not in my 40's, overweight, or fertile!!) They believe a stone got trapped in my duct from the surgery which is a very rare occurrence as well (my surgeon mentioned maybe 1 in every 900 surgeries!)I have this nice yellowish tint to my skin (jaundice) as a result that I am just pretending is a tan!:) I have been in the hospital for 2 full days already and very little info has been provided...so frustrating. I think that this has been the worst part just simply the waiting around forever for info, lack of concern, and urgency since I am not an emergency situation. You would think that they would want to fix what they botched up a little more efficiently! Tomorrow afternoon they will go in through my throat with a camera and scope to remove any stones. Evidently they will cut a tube whether they know a stone is there or not for safe measure. There is a risk of damage to the pancreas I guess. There is also talk of a constricting duct and having to put a stunt in for 6 weeks and then later remove it. I then have to stay in the hospital another day to check my progress. Needless to say I am so upset about this whole ordeal. I am missing out on my little boy and it's breaking my heart! Zac has truly stepped up and been such a wonderful dad and husband taking charge of everything and helping me feel at ease with everything at home. I am so blessed to have him! My dear family have all taken care of Noah as well and I think he is much more excited to see them each day than me! Anyways, sorry for the venting post but it has been a long 10 days! Please keep our family in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Oh, Vanessa! This can't be fun! We will keep you in our prayers - hope all goes well.
Ok now I feel bad I told you it wouldnt be so bad. I can't imagine how much pain that must have been. When I had the attacks I thought it was the worst pain I had ever fealt and for you to have to deal with it for that long.. I just can't imagine how hard that must have been. We will for sure pray for everything to go smooth for you!
Oh, the joys of modern medicine! I'm so sorry that things have been so awful! I left messages on your cell phones, so hopefully you'll get them. If you need extra help or meals or whatever, please please please let me know. We're praying for you.
You know, I was just thinking how I was tired tonight...hah! That'll teach me! You're in my prayers, Vanessa.
Vanessa, we're thinking about you and will definitely offer a few up on your behalf. Make sure you ask questions and don't stop until you're satisfied with the answers...you shouldn't be there and not have a clue as to why. The doctors are there for you, not the other way around! Good luck and keep us all posted.
I am so sorry! We will definitely keep you in our prayers. We think the world of you and your family. We can't wait to come visit you guys sometime hopefully sooner rather than later. Jon talks about it quite a bit. We really appreciate the wonderful people and friends you are. Good luck with everything.
I am so sorry. What a frustrating and painful experience! You are in my prayers. I hope everything goes okay.
Oh Nessa! I am so sorry! Here I've been thinking that you don't love us anymore (JK).
I agree with Brittany, make your doctors work for you. Have you ever tried any natural medicines? I just read something of a natural medicine for gall stones. I'll figure it out and let you know.
In the mean time, take it easy, don't stress about Noah, and blog as much as possible to release any anxiety or whatever.
We love you! We have our tickets to visit you. We can hardly wait.
Post a Comment