Thursday, May 22, 2008

Milwaukee






Zac, Noah and I just returned from a trip to Milwaukee Wisconsin. I never thought I'd go there but turns out it's pretty nice. Our good friend Todd Turner married his girlfriend from Medical school. She is Vietnamese and Catholic and her parents are very much culturally traditional. She was baptized two months ago and her parents refused to attend their wedding. This is so sad to me. I can't imagine not spending this special day with my child even if I didn't agree with the choice. They will never get this day back and they chose to miss it. We were so happy to be there and support them. They were married in a beautiful garden area that was too perfect to not take tons of pictures! Poor Noah did a really good job with the trip but was exhausted. His new thing the past 4 weeks is to wake up at least 2 times a night screaming and crying and the only thing to console him is me holding (for at least 30 minutes) and nursing him.. I have gone so long not making a habit of this when he was little and now I have caved! It's hard when you have become accustomed to your full night's sleep and then it's like he is a newborn again! Todd and Hang were married on Zac and I's five year anniversary and guess what we did....went to bed at 7:45! We were all so tired and worn out but had a great time.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Our anniversary, this year, sounded something like that too!(:

Tami said...

Wow those pictures are too cute! It looks like a beautiful place. I am sorry about the waking in the night thing. Sometimes they just go through these things don't worry it probably wont last long he might be having a growth spurt or something. I know its so hard when they can't just tell you what's wrong. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I LOVE weddings! My favorite job was working at a bridal salon. I got to help brides with their dresses, it was amazing! On a side note we have the same stroller/car seat combo by Chicco. We wanted a gender neutral one in case of a surprise boy. Plus green is my favorite color. Embrace the "mom cut" I cut mine off 2 years ago and love it! It's liberating and so much faster!

Leslie said...

pretty pics. definitely not what I imagine when I think of Milwaukee. :)

Amanda said...

First of all, Noah asleep in the stroller? I've never seen such a thing. He must have been exhausted.

Is this the couple that came to visit you guys in England? I think I remember them. Congratulations to Hang on her baptism and to the two of them on their wedding. So sad that her parents chose not to attend. She must be a strong and faithful woman.

Lillian J. White said...

Ness, you look amazing with that cut...i just had to say it again! I love it on you! And Noah is such a handsome little guy!
Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years. Where does the time go? You both look great. Vanessa, you could still pass for a high school kid :) Noah is adorable. Congrats to Todd on his marriage.

Shantel said...

I love your pictures. I'm so glad you all went to Todd's wedding. I'll have to get details later. You all are sooo dang cute!