Thursday, May 29, 2008

Many a Milestone



Warning: This is documentation of Noah that may bore some but since this is my journal must be posted.

Our little Noah has a had a few very busy weeks. About two weeks ago he began pulling himself up onto EVERYTHING! Needless to say he got a few bumps and bruises. With this new found fascination came endless attempts at putting him down for bed. The situation goes a little like this....Book, song, prayer, kiss, lay down in crib. Leave the room and come back five seconds later to lay standing baby down. Leave the room and come back to lay down. Leave the room and return after hearing a continuous thump thump thump. Yep, Noah is standing and banging his head against the wall. Uhhh..is this normal? Noah also began crawling 2 days ago. He sometimes still gets his little legs stuck under him but is doing great. This morning we had all the furniture cleared out and Noah still in his pajamas found a quicker mode of travel. As he laid flat on his belly on the wood floors and placed his hands out in front of him and scooted his body so it slid across the floor. Hard to explain but pretty funny. Every time he stands, crawls, sits etc, he is so proud of himself and looks around for his fan clubs approval. He is also has definite likes and dislikes. He can sort through a huge pile of books and pull out the same one he loves. If I try to read a different book he pushes it away, grabs his favorite and opens it in front of me. If you take away a "toy" (remote, phone, etc) that he was holding DRAMA! He will through his head back and cry like no other! He has also become very dependent on me. I love my little boy but want to share the love with others! If I am in the room he has to be held by me, it's fun to be so needed but difficult to get anything done. That's ok though I need to relish these moments. I thought all these new and activities would tucker him out but no, he continues to wake at 5:27 for the day, and nap for all of 1.5 hours all day. Alas, he is one active fellow who loves life and doesn't want to miss out. We sure are having fun with him.

3 comments:

Stew said...

I think Noah should donate some of his hair to daddy.

Leslie said...

I love him. Please hug and kiss him because I want to!

Tami said...

That first picture is absolutely to die for. What a cutie!