Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Tell All- Why I Love Being a Mom




This is a month that I have looked forward to for so long because I am finally legit! Having Noah was a very emotional and at times heart-breaking struggle. For several years I knew I wanted to be a mom and longed for that opportunity. Even with all these thoughts and feelings I had no understanding of what a true blessing being a mother is until he finally came into my life. I love being a mom because:

I have a greater understanding of our Heavenly Father's love for us as His children.

I have a good reason for crashing in bed at 10pm.

I am never ever alone.

After five years of marriage I am learning new things about and more reasons to love my husband as I witness him as a father.

It inspires me to become more of a baker.

Belly laughs make me smile no matter what.

I can join a new "circle of friends" of other mothers that I never could quite feel a comfortable in.

I have a built in excuse to skip out on functions or activities I may not want to attend.

I learn more of this world through the wonderment of my little one's eyes.

I have a greater appreciation for a woman's body and feel in awe and empowered that God made such a complex event so remarkably concise.

I always have someone to go shopping with.

Selfish desires are put to the side.

While shopping I am automatically exempt from common courtesy's as strangers bend over to make my shopping experience with a baby a little easier.

Nothing is more heartwarming than open mouthed kisses that leave slobber on my cheek.

There are special things Noah only does for me.

I have an excuse for being totally spastic and forgetful.

I have a greater responsibility than any other job on the planet.

I have countless "I am so blessed" moments.

I have another reason to use my vitamix.

I can buy really fun toys.

I wake with a definite purpose each morning.

I love my son more and more each day.

I truly am so blessed and hope that I don't wish all these sweet moments away when things are challenging. My dream has finally come to fruition and I am in constant wonderment that this is my actual life.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Amen! Great post

Lillian J. White said...

i know...moms have a great responsibility and are so blessed to have these opportunities to learn and grow and love! Speaking of love, i love the haircut! Super cute!

Amanda said...

Well said. I need to read that post on those "really hard mom" days. The feelings that come with motherhood are often very hard to explain, but you did a great job of it. Thanks!