Monday, June 23, 2008

Journal "ish"

I have had a lot of thoughts and random things going on lately and realized I need to record them as part of my real life! I attended enrichment last week and it was all on documenting, scrap booking, journaling, and genealogy. It got me motivated to do better with journaling every day things and also to actually print some of the thousands of pictures of Noah for his baby book. I have recorded the important dates of things but there are no pictures in his book...terrible!




Owning a home has been fun and also so much work! We had toyed with the idea of buying a fixer upper and decided against it. I am so glad we did seeing as this home is only 7 years old and in really good condition and we still spend all of our spare time making it "home". We have finally pieced furniture together to complete our family room. All we have left in there is to install the fan we just bought and purchase and end table and lamp. We are still on the search for the perfect dining room table. This item has been really important to me just because I really want to emphasize family meals together. I want a square table that can seat 8 people (6 chairs and one bench) Pottery barn had it about 3 years ago and now it doesn't exist! I may just have to settle on something else just so we can finally be social and have friends over for dinner!

We have also had the displeasure of dealing with these dang white footed ants! We finally resorted to calling the bug people and forking over the money to get rid of them after our own futile attempts.

I was able to go to Relief Society and listen to the lesson yesterday because Zac took Noah to Priesthood. It was such a wonderful lesson taught by this amazing sister in our ward. It was a great reminder to me that I need to check myself all day long to make sure I am aware of the Spirit in my life. Sometimes I get so set in my routine and daily activities that I find I am not even noticing the Holy Ghost in action. I can definitely improve on that!

I have been teaching the 16-17 year old Sunday School class for about 3 months now and am finally feeling somewhat adjusted to it. It is still hard to find the friendship and spiritual balance that I know the youth need in their lives. They are such a good group and really do contribute to the lessons.

Zac and I are keeping my niece (Katie) and nephew (Brad) while Bob and Melissa and the older kids are off doing trek. I know it will bean exhausting and overwhelming experience for them but hope they all have a wonderful and spiritual time. It will be a new challenge for me to be a mom of 3 but I am thinking they will entertain Noah and I may actually be productive!

The Pews (some friends we made in England that live in Utah) are coming for a visit this next week as well. We are so excited to have them here and show them a little Florida life. By the end of our 6 months in England we were playing cards (hand and foot) at least every other night with the Pews and of course eating TONS of English chocolate while we played. Good times! It's funny for me to look back at our time in England and how Noah and I stayed home all day every day except the weekends and for walks! We can't stay at home longer than 3 hours now without me going insane and having to get him out and about. He is just so needy at home and I think bored. He loves to go shopping and exploring. We run an errand every day and swim every day too. I have resorted to timing everything so that he falls asleep in the car and I carry him in for is afternoon nap rather than do the crib battle. I can't believe I have to do this after not for almost a year! I have to accept that my son just really isn't a sleeper. He has had teeth popping in like crazy and that hasn't helped either.

Zac and I are in the market for a new car for him. My little 1998 Saturn Coupe is just costing us more than it's value. We are looking for a good used toyota camry since we love our highlander so much. Unfortunately car shopping has got to be our least favorite thing to do. I feel such harsh and negative feelings toward car dealers and have difficulty not expressing that. We had one really awful salesman the other day that left me so sour! I hate feeling like people are dishonest and have found that to be my biggest peeve.



Noah will be one in 3 weeks and it blows my mind. It's amazing how infants start off so dependent and little and in such a short time they develop in so many ways. He is such a blessing in our lives and I am so grateful for the miracle that he is.

Anyways, now my posterity will know how random my life really is!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am so jealous that you swim every day. I love the water, and if I could, I would live in a pool. I saw an awesome pool that had a table and chairs built in, so you could sit at the table, but never leave the pool. I loved it. I think I would probably grow fins if I could be in the water as much as I would like to be.

Erika said...

I enjoyed reading what you've been up to. Ethan gets needy at home too, so I also like to get him out. It looks like your house is coming along nicely!

I don't know if you have heard of the internet sales dpt at a car lot, but if you deal with them you can get a new car a cost or below. When we were shopping around we found it was cheaper in many cases to get a new car through the internet dpt than a used one through the sales dpt.

Shantel said...

It's so good to hear how you all are doing. Life can be so fun and busy and it seems like something is always popping up to do ie. car shopping, home stuff, and family. Isn't life great? I hope we'll be able to come visit you sometime once we move to the south. I sure miss you!

Heather said...

I really enjoyed reading about your life. It sounds like things are normally random. I agree with you. It is amazing to see how much a baby changes in such a short time. My little one is trying to crawl already! Good luck with the car hunt. With gas prices as high as they are, you should look into a hybrid.