Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tuesday Tell All-Senses

I have slacked on my Tuesday tell alls so am going to do a catch up for this month. Hey, it's not even Tuesday but figure it's worth recording. This month we were assigned a sense each Tuesday to complete the five weeks in June and the five senses. Here goes....

Favorite Sight- I have been so blessed to visit many different places and take in so many natural beauties of the world. A few that stand out in my mind are Watkins Glen in Rochester New York. This is an amazing 2 mile hike where you see over thirty different waterfalls. Every turn is simply breathtaking and totally a photo opportunity. Being at the top of the Eiffel tower with my husband was a spectacular view as well. Nothing beat the moment as we walked away ready to head home at about 10pm. We heard gasps all around us and turned back around. They had turned the blinking lights on the tower and it was spectacular! I have witnessed many a beautiful sunset on the beaches of Hawaii and have to admit the garden grounds at the Honolulu LDS temple is like walking through the garden of Eden. Of course my ultimate favorite sight is seeing my sweet husband play with our son. He is so fun and loving with him and it is those moments that I realize all of our dreams have really happened.

Favorite sound- I love to hear the rain pounding on the windows and roof especially when it is in the late afternoon or at night. There is something comforting about being forced to stay indoors and relax instead of hustling around outdoors. My other obvious favorite sound is a good belly laugh from Noah. Never could I imagine that such a little person could have such a great big laugh. There is one game we play that always gets him laughing. Dad will hold him and run around through our kitchen and dining room. I chase after them and sometimes switch directions to surprise him. He will laugh and laugh at this game. We play it at least once a day and sometimes I feel we could do it for hours just so I can enjoy that sweet sound.

Favorite Smell- My favorite smell is actually very simple. Nothing beats the smell of fresh and clean. No particular scent but just a clean house or clean person not covered in anything but soap and cleaner...mmmmmm.

Favorite Taste- I am a girl that loves to eat. Honestly there are very few things that I dislike. My eating ability has helped me keep up good marks with my husband's four brothers! So to choose favorites is hard but I will make an attempt. I have never been a real sweet eater. I prefer to eat a ton of main course and skip dessert. If in a social setting I'll eat sweets just because other people are. Since having my son though I have a little more passion for chocolate and nothing beats the taste of my sister's chocolate cake....it is superb! I also love the taste of pizza, a HUGE chef salad (we made some amazing salads while living in Rochester and going to a farmer's market for fresh produce every weekend. I also crave a good burger often. I could never ever be a vegetarian because I love my meat way too much!

Favorite touch-I don't mind the scruffy look on my husband, I think it looks rugged and handsome. However, touching it is poky and scratchy so one of my favorite things to touch is my husband's freshly shaved face. I love any touch that comes from my son and husband. Noah loves to have both of us there with him and often we'll all lay together. As we are laying Noah jumps form one of us to the other to give us hugs. He'll attack Zac with hugs and laugh and then jump over to me for an attack and laughs. Back and forth he'll go and it is a perfect moment.

No comments: