One of our many projects this weekend was to plant in our earth box. This is the third year we have done this and we really enjoy it! We have found that we are most successful with tomatoes and herbs so we are sticking with those and also trying out a red bell pepper. It's a fun project and I always joke that it costs an awful lot for a few tomatoes but then I just remind myself of this quote:"The spring of the year reminds us, too, of the need to garden so that we can produce some of our own food as well as flowers to beautify our yards and our neighborhoods. Even if the tomato you eat is a $2.00 tomato, it will bring satisfaction anyway and remind us all of the law of the harvest, which is relentless in life. We do reap what we sow. Even if the plot of soil you cultivate, plant, and harvest is a small one, it brings human nature closer to nature as was the case in the beginning with our first parents."
Spencer W. Kimball
Noah making sure the dirt is fit for our plants



Our little helper





I'll be documenting the progress of our plants so stay tuned!
3 comments:
Wow! I'm so impressed. I always joke that I have a black thumb of death. I wish I could keep plants alive. I would love love love to have an herb garden. Maybe one day!
Looks like a fun family project. I'll have to keep your boxes in mind so that I can do a garden in the coming year or two at a rental place. Good idea.
What a good little helper! I hope your garden turns out well. There is nothing like a fresh garden tomato.
Post a Comment