Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spinach Popsicles

Since Noah seems to be opposed to most vegetables (except for frozen peas, yes he eats them frozen) I decided to make a fruit drink with handfuls of fresh spinach leaves in it. I pulled out my handy vita mix and threw in some frozen berries, canned pineapple and the spinach. He took a sip of the drink and then kindly handed it back to me. He would occasionally sip it but he is really a milk and water drinker(I don't even give him juice.) With the leftovers I made them Popsicles. Who knew in Popsicle form everything is better? Noah really enjoyed it! Yeah for spinach! I look forward to experimenting with this. I am going to try some different fruits that he prefers for the drink and also make some apple sauce and carrot Popsicles...mmmmmm. No sneaky chef here! I tell him exactly whats in it (it probably helps that he doesn't understand, but hey start him out young and he'll know no different right?)



4 comments:

Heather said...

This is hilarious. I need to try it on my husband!

Shantel said...

Way to go! What a smart Mama you are!r

Lana Dahle said...

You are a genius! I'm totally going to try this and offer it as an idea for other Moms in my play groups! Getting enough veggies in our house is such a stress lately.
Let me know what your favorite recipes are for these veggie pops!

Leslie said...

That's hilarious...and even better you tell him what's in it.