Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Nesting
When I was pregnant with Noah I remember specifically reading about nesting and thought I was so strange because I did not experience it. Looking back now I realize we were living in company housing with access to only about 25 % of our belongings, had a weekly cleaning service and knew we were leaving the country to a new home five weeks after Noah was born. Needless to say nesting has hit full throttle. I have a HUGE lists of to dos that never seems to get smaller. Why nesting hits in the third trimester when you are so big and uncomfortable that it is virtually impossible to get anything done beyond kicking the toys into a pile for your husband to bend down and pick up for you is beyond me! The funny thing is that the things I want done really aren't all that important! Do the cabinets under my sink really have to be organized? Do I really need a years worth of FHE lessons prepared and filed away? Must the the Baby's room be 100% complete 2 months before she arrives even though she will not even be sleeping there for a while? Poor Zac has had to work like crazy to get things checked of for his psycho pregnant wife. I honestly feel upset when things don't get accomplished and in my mind want to have to do absolutely nothing after the baby comes. These are all so unrealistic but it's just how it is. Not to mention we still have to get Noah off the binky (marked our calendars for this Thursday night....yes we had to schedule it in!), transition him to a bed which I have been dreading but shouldn't matter now because the past 3 nights he has repeatedly climbed out of his crib for over 45 minutes, and consider potty training in the near future. Blah! Anyways, so I guess I do have a maternal nesting instinct after all....but darn I have never gotten cravings with either of these babies! I was kind of looking forward to that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Well its no wonder how you manage to stay "all baby" with having no cravings. I can't say wanting chocolate cupcakes with the colored sprinkles on top at 3 am with two glasses of milk was fun. I was tired, huge, and hungry and that craving lasted the whole last month!
Good luck with Noah, the pacifier, and your nesting list! I nested with both and then everything was a mess shortly there after because every place I thought "this is where I will do this or that" changed as soon as they came. Crazy how it all works out.
Post a Comment