Grateful: It was Zac's three day weekend and he spent much of his time getting things off our list! He even installed a new cd player in my car!
Zac and I took the parental plunge a few weekends ago and took the binky away. He only ever uses it to sleep but we figured it was better to loose it now than when there are new ones laying around for the new baby. We handed him his binky as usual but the tip had been cut off. The first night there was some crying involved and he begged for daddy to fix it or find a different binky. He took a long time to actually go to bed. The next day at nap time he requested the binky, no crying but he WOULD NOT SLEEP! I am telling you that thing was his magic sleepy drug. For 3 days in a row Zac has spent 1.5 hours putting Noah back in his bed as he repeatedly crawls out over and over and over! There is no way pregnant me could repeatedly do that and there is no way I was ready for him to give up his nap! Fortunately after the third day of the nap struggle he seems to have resigned to staying in bed and napping. He still occasionally asks for his binky and then says "oh yea, it's broken." He does take longer to fall asleep at night and is waking up earlier in the morning but at least he is napping(although those are shorter too)! Our first big hurdle accomplished! Now....when to move him to a real bed?!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Way to go parents!! It's sure hard to be persistent when you have to give up something too! I hate that...and I'm not always so good at hanging in there. So props to you! All these fun changes...ready for more??
Post a Comment