Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Signs that I am totally pregnant

GRATEFUL: I have a husband who understands how much I look forward to having his help on the weekends. He knows that naps are sacred and if he has to go somewhere for something he always schedules it to be during Noah's nap time so that he is around to help me the rest of the time. He is the best!


We have been total slackers this pregnancy with taking pictures so these are the only 2 we have. I wrote this post forever ago but it never made it to the blog so here it is!

35 weeks
18 weeks



Signs of pregnancy

1. Loss of memory, this is my husbands favorite because he thinks he can get away with more! I dated something 2007 the other day, maybe reverting back to first pregnancy? I also managed to forget to put on a bra for a while one morning, until I noticed my unusually small chest was even more unusually small.

2. When you lean over the kitchen sink and your 2 year old yells "NO, THE POTTY MOMMY!"

3. When your son enjoys standing by you while you pray to the porcelain God and says "You ok?, all done?"....or just practices hurling with you, fun.

4. When I realized to never even pretend to start attempting potty training in the first trimester (see post about Noah in the tub, did not end well for me!) This kid will so be in diapers until after the baby comes!

5. The beauty of modern medicine is stripped from your hands and you must suffer the flu alone.

6. Sleep much? I am not a napper, until the past 17 weeks.....that means nothing else gets done because it is what I am doing when Noah is napping.

7. All kids annoy me, feel like I am a patient person, so not when I am pregnant.

8. Getting an ultra sound at 11.5 weeks and seeing the baby "jump" while moving it's little arms and legs...so cute, even the technician was laughing.

9. Using the bathroom ALL THE TIME

10. Feeling increasingly overwhelmed with all to do and imagining doing it with 2 little ones all while feeling like the most blessed person in the world!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aerie was in diapers for a long time after Charles was born. I decided not to fight that fight with her, and when she was finally ready, things went very smoothly. I'm sure Noah will be the same. It wasn't as hard having two in diapers as I thought it would be.

You are a beautiful pregnant lady, by the way. Just beautiful.

*julie* said...

You're darling! I'm totally digging your curls. I also think you'll be surprised at what a big boy Noah becomes when he's a big brother. I know there's a lot of talk about sibling rivalry and jealousy with a new baby, but there's also a child seen in a new light and a lot of capabilities discovered/recognized that don't get nearly as much talk!
So exciting Vanessa. You're nearly there!

Shantel said...

So true! Love the post and love you. Too cute preggers! I'm so excited for you...you're almost there!

Kirsten Treff said...

I am totally with you on #3 and #10! You look great!

Leslie said...

funny list. I can totally relate. what does that say about me if all kids annoy me....and I'm not pregnant. :)