I got to go to a mother's day brunch at Noah's school and it was so cute. They had each mom walk in and their child gave them a paper corsage they had made. They then seated us at the table with home made place mats. The kids sang a few songs and then we ate egg and chicken salad sandwiches the kids had made. We also went around the room and read what our kids wrote about us out loud. Noah's said
I love my mother because she is my friend.
All day long my mother goes to the store and buys cereal (one kid said eats!)
My favorite food that my mother makes is pancakes (um, this is daddy's forte but I do make the homemade dry mix....and several kids said green beans or broccoli....really?)
The one thing that can always make my mother laugh is my funny things.
I think my mother looks beautiful when she goes to a party (Noah's little friend Ellie said when she wore her new underwear.) (and the kid who says his mother eats all day said she looked most beautiful in a bathing suit.)
If I could give my mother anything in the world I would give her candy.
Pretty cute huh?
We were presented with gifts of homemade bath soap, artificial flower bouquet and some art work.
I love this look of genuine joy.






1 comment:
There is no doubt that you are loved by your children...afterall you are one of the best, most loving Mothers I know. Thanks for loving, teaching and watching over my grandbabies and Zachary...they are truely blessed to have you as a Mommy and Wife!!! Love you!! I love that look on his face too...these are the joys of motherhood!
Post a Comment