Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quirks

The other night I revealed a quirky thing about myself to my husband. It was funny because he never knew this silly thing after so many years. It got me thinking about all the funny things people obsess over. Since I can never remember them when I get those forwards to answer a thousand questions about yourself, I thought I'd document them.

1.) I don't like other people to dish out my dinner plate of food that I have prepared. Silly, I know. In a restaurant it is fine but for some reason after I cook I want to select my portion myself.

2.) I can't stand to walk barefoot outside. As far as I can remember I have never had an injury to the feet as a result of walking barefoot but I am super paranoid about getting hurt on my feet. I know my feet would find the one shard of glass, or one bee on a blade of grass and then I would be in pain. And who can enjoy a busy day with hurt feet? Plus grass makes me itchy and itchy feet are no fun. I do make myself get the mail every day barefoot to help myself overcome this.

3.) When someones asks "What sound does a bee make?" (because people are all the time asking that) I can't give an answer. Not because I don't know the sound but because to make it makes my tongue tickle and it feels funny. Same goes for "vroom".

4.) If you come to my house chances are you won't see a dish in the sink. I am not super clean by any means and I don't care about dishes in other people's homes but for some reason I can't stand to have any dishes in the sink. My sink may be filthy dirty but there will be no dishes.

5.) I have to have a clock near me when sleeping. I wake up a ton during the night and for some reason have to know what time it is. When at someones house who doesn't have a clock, I have gotten up out of bed several times to go look at a clock in another room.

6.) I have an abnormally high demand for good customer service. Seriously, don't mess with me. Definitely something I need to tone down.

7.) It's difficult for me to watch a TV show or movie I have already seen. Even if I can't remember anything about it.

8.) I have to wear a body spray that is the same color as my shirt. Doesn't matter if I want to smell like a rose, if I am wearing green, I will smell like a pear.

9.) I seriously enjoy Sesame Street. Now, I am not going to sit down on my own and watch it in my free time but I don't mind it being on. I think it is all cleverly written and there are so many different puppets! I even have a favorite episode. It's the one where Sugar Land is on. I love this episode because they sing a really catchy song. There is also the clip to the awesome vegetable rap song. And the scene when they are counting. Girl #2 that shows up the second time through is doing awesome dance moves that always crack me up. Not to leave out that Elmo is so adorable and lovable and if Noah hears the music to Elmo's World come on he runs to see it

5 comments:

Nathaly said...

Those are some funny quirks! I love the body spray one. But I can't picture you being demanding or having to "tone down" attitude or anything. You're so nice!! I wish I could be like you're describing, though. I just bow my little head and sheepishly walk away. It's lame. I need a backbone.

Brodrick - Viera / Cocoa said...

It's always fun to find out little quirks about the person that you have lived with for 5 1/2 years. I was raised to do things for women, and it kills me everytime I get my food and leave her plate empty! As far as everything else, she speaks the truth! Gotta love my little quirky wife!

Kirsten Treff said...

wow, I'm the same way with 5 (the clock), 6 (customer service), and 7 (Tv shows and movies)! nice to know there are others out there!

Amber said...

Haha, I have the same body spray quirk!

Tami said...

You crack me up! I love the one about the body spray. I would like to see your colection of body spray's do you have every color?? lol