
I enjoy reading youth and young adult novels for several reasons.
1.) They aren't risky and usually stay very clean.
2.) I like easy reads that I don't have to concentrate to hard on.
3.) Books are an escape from reality and I enjoy going to places nowhere near the reality I live!
I just recently finished The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. I really enjoyed this book. It is about a young girl who is traveling to America from England to meet her family. She is assigned a ship that is supposed to have other passengers but that all falls through. She befriends the captain of the ship but after he proves to not be a friendly man, she joins the crew. She works hard doing all the same labors as the rest of the crew. Without spoiling the book, during a hurricane at sea things go terribly wrong and a murder takes place. After the resolution of the murder Charlotte returns to her family and finds herself missing the life of a seaman. I recommend this for a quick, easy and entertaining read.






1 comment:
This is one of my favorites.
Post a Comment