Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude

Every year to commemerate Thanksgiving Zac and I (and whatever family is around) create a huge list of all that we are grateful for. We attach many sheets of paper together and at the top write "From the cieling to the floor, this is what we're grateful for" We then go around the room sharing things we are grateful for. When it is full we post it on the wall for a week or two as a constant reminder of all that we have been blessed with. It's fun because there are so any items that range from spiritual, entertaining, fun to personal and such. I truely am so blessed with so much and hope that I express that gratitude more diligently.


Here's the list we did for Family Home Evening

4 comments:

Tami said...

lol I remember doing this with ya when we were roomies! Ha ha thats awesome!

Hang Turner said...

Hey guys! we remember this! it is such a great tradition!!! so great, we think we're going to start it to =) we miss you and have a happy thanksgiving! =)

Nathaly said...

This is such a good idea! I love it! We have a tradition the day after Thanksgiving, when we set up the Christmas tree. For each ornament we put on the tree, we have to say something we're grateful for. We used to love doing it as kids, and luckily Marcelo has humored me and has agreed to continue the tradition.

Shantel said...

Way to carry on the tradition! I did this the last few years with my 2nd graders, and this year with my preschooler. So fun! See what you learn in college! It's always fun to make the list and once you get going it's hard to stop! I'm so thankful for YOU!