We started out our Thanksgiving morning participating in our communities annual Turkey Trot. A few years ago a sister in our ward lost her husband to Type 1 Diabetes. To honor him, some members of the ward organized this 5k walk/run. It is the first year Zac and I have been around to participate. I was really touched as I saw so many familiar ward faces together on what can be a usually hectic and busy morning. So many people from church and our community pulled together for a good cause. It was such a wonderful way to start our day dedicated to gratitude. Zac ran the 5k and made great time. My nephew did awesome and came in twelfth. Noah and I took a leisurely stroll and chatted with my niece. To show you how leisurely, I came in 444. I did win a $25 gift certificate to outback.....score! It was a lot of fun and will be sure to become part of our family tradition.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Turkey Trot
We started out our Thanksgiving morning participating in our communities annual Turkey Trot. A few years ago a sister in our ward lost her husband to Type 1 Diabetes. To honor him, some members of the ward organized this 5k walk/run. It is the first year Zac and I have been around to participate. I was really touched as I saw so many familiar ward faces together on what can be a usually hectic and busy morning. So many people from church and our community pulled together for a good cause. It was such a wonderful way to start our day dedicated to gratitude. Zac ran the 5k and made great time. My nephew did awesome and came in twelfth. Noah and I took a leisurely stroll and chatted with my niece. To show you how leisurely, I came in 444. I did win a $25 gift certificate to outback.....score! It was a lot of fun and will be sure to become part of our family tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
My goal time was 25 minutes and I finished in 25 minutes and 3 seconds... I thought I did pretty good until someone mentioned that the course was actualy .2 miles short!!! Oh well... 25 minutes 30 seconds is still better than 30 minutes + from my last 5K!!
Way to go...and I love the picture with Noah's shoe missing!
Post a Comment