Our lap top is out of commission right now and I don't have the patience to learn how to upload and post pics on our desktop right now so yet again, NYC details will have to wait. More personal progress to report. In this section I was to ask a mother I admire what she thinks some of the most important attributes in a mother are and list them in my journal and then choose one to strive to work on for 2 weeks. I asked my mother in law Patti. She has done an amazing job raising 5 boys and seems to have a perfect balance of involvement in their lives. To this day her boys will still snuggle up next to her, cry when reading Forever and ever my baby you'll be, and confide their most intimate feelings and weaknesses to her. I want all of these things for my family so thought she would be perfect for my request. Below is the response she gave (I hope she doesn't mind my posting it)
"I think Faith and unconditional love are two of the most important attributes in a Mom.
It's hard to look at any of my boys and think that they could ever do or say anything that would make me stop loving them. And Faith. Faith in yourself, your children and in Heavenly Father. To be able to be strong even in the most difficult of times. That story about the foot prints in the sand....I have experienced being carried when I couldn't walk alone. I have experienced His love for me...one person...and I know that He knows who I am. There are a lot more attributes of being a Mom...service, training, hugs, reading to your kids, being there at the crossroads...I heard that in a talk once that it's important to be at the crossroads when your kids come home from school or a date...a lot of times I had to work and couldn't be there when they came home from school but I did try to stay up and wait for them when they came home from dates..There are so many..but Faith and Unconditional love...would be high on my list."
I too feel that I could never ever not love little Noah, in fact just today I was commenting that I never knew how much I would really love him. Patti is a wonderful example to me of what being a great mother is. I hope my relationship with my children is as blessed as theirs is. I know that I have much to improve upon when it comes to faith. For us even bringing children into this world takes large amounts of faith and I tend to let fear or despair sometimes override that. I am excited to learn more about Faith and strive to make it a more prominent part of my life.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment