Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mr. Social

Our Noah is probably the most social kid you know. I am not sure if we have fostered it because we have many many play dates throughout the week. It has helped keep me sane in this thing called motherhood but as a result may have created a need for constant stimulation for Noah. He LOVES people. The other day someone called and Noah didn't even know who it was and he was standing at my feet yelling "Are you coming to my house?!" Funny kid. The other day and friend mentioned that Noah was going to play at their house the next day. Well, Noah doesn't understand yesterday, today or tomorrow and figured it was of course today. He therefore refused his nap time and kept asking to go to Rachel's house. Finally after an hour battle I put a very boring grown up show on (knowing he would watch because he sees very little TV) and sure enough he drifted off to sleep sitting up on the couch! About ten minutes into his nap he mumbled "time for Rachel's house?" and then fell back asleep for another 30 minutes. After he woke from that I sat with him on the couch and was hugging in him next to me while also nursing Ellie and he fell back asleep. What a perfect, peaceful, happy mothering moment that was with each kid by my sides. This sweet moment quickly ended as his friends showed up to play and I had to nudge him awake. As soon as I said they were here Noah leaped up as though never sleeping and ran to the window. Hopefully he will be as adored by others as he feels about them!

No comments: