Saturday, August 18, 2012
homecoming
My nephew Michael returned home today from serving a 2 year mission in Thailand for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We went with his family to the airport for the big homecoming. We stood back and watched as my sister (his mom) screamed his name and the whole family ran to him. Michael who is very calm and mellow burst into a jog as well and the entire family of six hugged in a huge circle with the greatest smiles and tears running down their faces. I fast forwarded my life to this day that I hope will come for Noah and any of my other children who choose to serve. The immense love they have for one another is overwhelming and I want my children to feel that from each other. I also thought as a parent what an amazing and heartfelt reunion this is. How much greater will that reunion be when we return to our Heavenly Father having lived a life of love and service to others. I long to have a home filled with the spirit of Christ that can be felt by others. I want to make choices daily to teach correct principles to my kids and watch them develop a love for our Savior. It was a very emotional and tender moment and I hope to one day experience it myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment