Well it had to happen sometime. Our little boy has been reasonably healthy and we thought we may escape England without him getting sick.....wrong:( Wednesday afternoon Noah felt really hot to me so I took his temperature....104 degrees! Being first time parents we freaked out and took him to the doctor (who is a gp here, you only see a pediatrician upon referral). I don't think she knew the conversion of fahrenheit to Celsius (how they measure temps here). She quickly checked over Noah and told us to load him up on calpol(English tylenol). His fever continued to fluctuate between 101 and 103 until Sunday. Friday night he was so miserable and would not sleep in his crib alone so Zac and I took turns holding him the entire night. I don't think any of the three of us slept well. Our last weekend here in Enlgand was spent nursing him back to health. Thankfully he is feeling better and becoming a little more tolerant. I didn't know as a parent I would feel sooooo bad for him when he is sick. I would have done anything to take it away from him. Hopefully we won't have to go through that again for a long time.....wishful thinking?
Monday, February 11, 2008
104
Well it had to happen sometime. Our little boy has been reasonably healthy and we thought we may escape England without him getting sick.....wrong:( Wednesday afternoon Noah felt really hot to me so I took his temperature....104 degrees! Being first time parents we freaked out and took him to the doctor (who is a gp here, you only see a pediatrician upon referral). I don't think she knew the conversion of fahrenheit to Celsius (how they measure temps here). She quickly checked over Noah and told us to load him up on calpol(English tylenol). His fever continued to fluctuate between 101 and 103 until Sunday. Friday night he was so miserable and would not sleep in his crib alone so Zac and I took turns holding him the entire night. I don't think any of the three of us slept well. Our last weekend here in Enlgand was spent nursing him back to health. Thankfully he is feeling better and becoming a little more tolerant. I didn't know as a parent I would feel sooooo bad for him when he is sick. I would have done anything to take it away from him. Hopefully we won't have to go through that again for a long time.....wishful thinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh, poor baby - having a sick child is the WORST! I would much rather be sick than have to see my children suffer. I am glad he is feeling better!
Post a Comment