Friday, September 26, 2008

Health First

Some people may know that I have huge issues with insurance. I feel like they are such rip offs that never come through when needed. My biggest complaint comes with them not covering fertility treatment because having children is a lifestyle choice. That's a whole different post.
Finally our health insurance is doing something right! Health First insurance has opened a brand new gym and fitness facility near us. They offer free membership to those covered by their insurance....genius. Keep your clients healthy and your not paying for their health needs. Zac has been going there in the mornings (5:45!!!) for his work outs. He is able to go there and run, do some weights and get showered and ready for the day to head to work. Noah and I went on Wednesday for our first time. We attended a mom and baby fit class. They had all these cute little obstacles set up for us to run around and play with. Some obstacles included a tiny balance beam, jumping hoops, bouncing on a mini tramp, ribbon twirling, sumersaulting on a ramp and many others. The class only had about six of us in it which was perfect. After the 30 minute class I dropped Noah off at the Kid Fit center. He played there while I went to the gym for 45 minutes (you can leave them there for up to 2 hours a day). There is a huge monitor that videos the kid fit area and you keep see whats happening there. It is the first time I have ever left him without him staying with a family member. He seemed to do just fine and loved the interaction. The gym is awesome with every machine having it's own TV. There are racquetball courts (Zac and I are looking for someone to teach us so if you play let us know!:) There are two pools, fitness rooms for different classes and a basketball gym. I have been coming down with a cold so I haven't been back but plan on attending some of their yoga and pilates classes. Maybe if I get really motivated I'll try the hard core classes like kick boxing. Anyways, we are excited to have a new outlet and something different to do, poor Noah gets bored with me sometimes! Props to Health First for actually doing something for our benefit!

3 comments:

Tami said...

That is awesome. I wish we had something like that here. I just started an adult dance class but it's at night when the girls go to sleep. I am glad that you are able to go whenever you want and have somebody watch Noah for you. I would lovvve that!

Kirsten Treff said...

that's fabulous! David and I used to play raquetball regularly...pre-pregnancy and when we lived near some courts, and Dani and I used to play at BYU - it's a great sport! All you need to learn are the basics, and then you ca go crazy from there!
As for the KidFit- my only word of caution is to watch for health issues. Our local YMCA has a great ChildWatch facility, and great staff, but kids apparently get sick often....

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/rekomendasi-hair-dryer-terbaik/