Monday, September 22, 2008

Tribute to Tandy

We spend every Sunday inevitably out in the hallways. Last week was really hard because Zac was out of town and the talks were on reverence and here I was the only one outside the entire meeting. There are several other babies Noah's age but they somehow manage to stay nice and quiet in their pew. At least these other babies have older siblings so maybe see their example?? I don't know if it is typical first kids behavior or just Noah. So, Sundays are always a challenge especially since both Zac and I teach 2 different Sunday school classes. In comes Tandy Baerst to the rescue. Tandy is a member of our ward who luckily LOVES Noah. On several occasions she has come out in the halls to find me during Sacrament and Relief Society to relieve me and let me hear some lessons and talks. Several others help us too. Noah goes to Zac's Sunday school class because he teaches adults and I teach youth and my kid's attention would be lost. Several women in Zacs Sunday School class just handle him the whole time. He is super active so it is quite the job.2 of these women have even changed a poopy diaper! I am so grateful for all these helping hands. I know that there would be no spiritual upliftment on Sundays without their wonderful help. I hope that when I am older and my kids are grown I will remember their kindness and give the same help to some young mother in my ward.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Ethan is the same way! We are lucky to get through passing the sacrament and the rest of church he is running around the gym. I am looking forward to nursery in a few months.

Nathaly said...

Just want you to know that I TOTALLY feel your pain.

Kimberly said...

I hear you! Sacrament Meeting is just a big audience for Aerie to show off to. It's wild. Thankfully she is in Nursery now, so at least we're getting something out of the rest of church these days. But we start all over again in November. :-)

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/20-resep-masakan-padang-paling-populer/