We took Noah to the beach this past weekend and he totally LOVED it. I was worried that he would be a little overzealous but he actually knew his boundaries pretty well! He would race into the water and stop at his knees and we would run back out together. I thought he would be fascinated with the shells and chasing the birds but he showed great restraint and spent his whole time in the water.
His highlight was probably the shower spicket to rinse off. He could have stayed there playing all day if we let him.
He almost enjoyed the ocean too much though and became a little too comfortable. The next week we went to a local park that we frequent a lot. There is a lake that is mostly fenced off but there is one section that isn't. Noah and I were standing by the fence looking at the water and he totally charged into the water. He was completely immersed and soaking from head to toe, he even had some seaweed draped on him. I had to act fast and pull him out and he was pretty upset about the whole experience. I think he was expecting a gradual incline into the water like at the beach but this lake had no allowance for that. Hopefully he'll learn from it but I am doubtful!






1 comment:
What a scary experience for both of you! We took the kids to the beach this week, too. At one point, Celo got knocked over by a wave and was totally immersed. I pulled him up immediately but it freaked him out. After that, he would run every time the water got too close to him. Poor kid.
Post a Comment