Monday, May 11, 2009

Knock Knoock

We were sitting together as a family on Sunday night celebrating mothers day. We had a fabulous meal of steak, potatoes, salad, and bread and it was all so good! My sweet hubs was in the kitchen doing dishes while I was enjoying being off duty and visitng with the fam. All the kids were playing in the sun room or watching a movie. Mid conversation we hear a knock knock at the door. I didn't notice but someone asked if they heard a knock. I said I didn't and we continued chatting. A few seconds later there is a faint knock again and a yelp. My niece goes to open the door and little Noah saunters in! He had unlocked and gone out the back door and into the yard. He then walked through the fence and around to the front yard. I guess he decided to head back and came to the door. I about had a heart attack when I realized he had been outside by himself wandering! I felt like a horrible mom and flashes of what could have happened kept going though my head. We are so grateful that he is safe and now realize that since he has the gift of unlocking doors we are really going to be kept on our toes!

4 comments:

Brodrick - Viera / Cocoa said...

Where was his dad when this whole thing was going on? Crazy man must have been neglecting his family! Good thing everyday is Mother's Day! I am just very grateful that he was ok!

Jill said...

There will probably be many more near heart attacks. They go missing for 10 seconds but it takes 10 years off your life! You're a great mom and we all know it!

Lana Dahle said...

Crazy story! I'm so grateful to hear that it turned out alright. A Home Depot run for top latches must be on my list this week! I'm sure that Caleb would have wondered into the street or a neighbor's house or stranger's car and not have knock knocked on the front door. YIKES! Now this is giving me a heart attack! Talk about a wonderful mother's day blessing that he's okay. But seriously, the scary thing is that it could happen to anyone if it happened to such a great and vigilant mom like you.

Leslie said...

Scary!