Friday, May 29, 2009
Memorial weekend
Zac and I enjoyed a great Memorial weekend and it was his Friday off so we got 4 full days together! That Friday we ran a few errands and then met up with our good friends that Tattons. They are a military family so they can rent a boat from the base and they have all the gear to water ski. Now, Zac has never water skied and I haven't for ten years. We were a little nervous about how Noah would do. He loved just riding around in the boat. He did get pretty concerned when John was in the water. As we took the boat to him Noah was freaking out thinking we were going to hit him. And then we would pass by for him to get the rope and Noah would freak that we left him behind. We were slightly concerned that he would have a major melt down when it was our turn but by then he figured out the process and was fine. Poor Zac boldly attempted to get up about 4 times and decided his body just wasn't designed to ski, I know he'll get it next time though and he looked so cute trying. I got up a few times but the next day my entire body was sooooo sore. I have to admit too that I have a pretty good fear of sharks and waiting for the boat to pull around caused a little anxiety as I imagined being attacked. Good motivation to get up on my skis! It was a fun day that was cut short by the huge thunder storm that hit. That night we went to my nephews graduation which is crazy to believe I have a nephew headed to college. He's a great kid and was super excited to be over high school. Noah had a baby sitter and with a 20 minute nap all day and staying up until 9 you'd think he'd sleep in but alas, he woke up even earlier! On Saturday we ran some errands and took naps! Awesome. We had a baptism to go to that night which is always special. Sunday was church and dinner with the fam. Monday we had a ward BBQ at a park and had a fun time trying to visit with friends while chasing Noah around. They had a bike parade for the kids to ride their decorated bikes around to patriotic music which is fun. Zac was a real trooper and pushed Noah in his wagon which is pretty hard on the back! Such a devoted dad! Unfortunately our camera battery went dead before the parade so no cute pics. It was a fabulous weekend and we are so grateful to those that have helped defend our freedoms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I also have a terrible fear of sharks. I'm fine in the ocean until I suddenly remember that, then I head for the beach, and my husband tries to spend the rest of the beach time convincing me that I won't get attacked! It seems like everytime I convince myself that sharks don't attack people in these parts...someone gets attacked somewhere close enough!
Post a Comment