Thursday, January 10, 2008

England at a glance

So, as we only have about five weeks left in England, and I failed to begin this whole blogging thing when we were actually doing exciting stuff, so I figured I'd give a brief recap of some of our favorite things about England.



First, off the proximity to so much history is amazing! Our first weekend here we went to Bath and even tasted the Roman bath water (not so delish!). I guess they would throw curses into the water and also bathe in it for good fortune (seems kind of counter productive but what do I know!)




Stratford Upon Avon is a very quaint town filled with Shakespeare's history. Fortunately, Noah found Shakespeare to be a little boring and slept thorough most of the day allowing us to explore his birth place, grave, and other homes of his relatives.



New Forest is an outdoors area that have wild ponies and cattle roaming around on the sides of the road. May not seem to impressive but was actually pretty exciting to be up close and personal with the animals.



Stonehenge is pretty cool. Big rocks....what more can I say.




We have explored London several times with different visitors that have come here. There is so much to do in London and is a very different feel than the green hilly sheep covered areas.



Windsor castle has been a favorite visiting place as well. Very close to where we live and its free for those of us who live here! Bonus! You tour amazing rooms (I thinks about 29) and imagine the queen really living there.

We have ventured into many a castle and cathedral and really feel that we have maximized our time here. We never thought we'd live here so who knows if we'll ever return! We must get our fill of European chocolate while we can!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to see your pictures and hear about everything when you get back! Of all the places I've ever been, London is tops. I'm dying to go back.

My uncle is an artist, and one of his paintings is hanging in Windsor Palace. Neat, eh?

Erika said...

Wow, what amazing places you have seen!

This will be a fun way to keep in touch with you. Hope your move goes well.