Our dear Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night. With this sad news, I have been reflecting upon him and the wonderful man that he was. President Hinckley was the Prophet as I gained my testimony of this gospel. It was listening to his words and feeling of his definite love for me that I grew in my understanding of the gospel. I am sad that my son will not come to know this Prophet in the same since that I did but am so grateful that a new Prophet will be called and my testimony will again grow and stretch in new ways. We are so blessed to have modern day revelation that will help us each to draw closer to our Savior. I know that President Hinckley was called of God to lead a direct us in these latter days. He truely served as the mouth peice of the Lord. I know that following his counsel has brought me happiness and joy that would otherwise be unattainable. I will miss recieving his guidance mixed in with hsi witty humor but am pleased that he is reunited with his dear wife.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Passing of our Prophet
Our dear Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night. With this sad news, I have been reflecting upon him and the wonderful man that he was. President Hinckley was the Prophet as I gained my testimony of this gospel. It was listening to his words and feeling of his definite love for me that I grew in my understanding of the gospel. I am sad that my son will not come to know this Prophet in the same since that I did but am so grateful that a new Prophet will be called and my testimony will again grow and stretch in new ways. We are so blessed to have modern day revelation that will help us each to draw closer to our Savior. I know that President Hinckley was called of God to lead a direct us in these latter days. He truely served as the mouth peice of the Lord. I know that following his counsel has brought me happiness and joy that would otherwise be unattainable. I will miss recieving his guidance mixed in with hsi witty humor but am pleased that he is reunited with his dear wife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Very well put. I found out this sad news from your blog. Thank you for posting. I too loved him dearly, but am happy for him in his reunion with his wife.
We heard the news last night up at Adam's parents right after dinner. I had such mixed feelings. I wanted to cry because as you I consider him the prophet who had the biggest influence on me and whom I came to love so dearly, but at the same time, I could only imagine his happiness at being reunited with his eternal sweetheart.
Post a Comment